A new great addition to the simmers’ hangars by the company which is developing the Cirrus SR22 and has already released the PocketRocket, the iconic BN-2 Islander is now available.
This light aircraft, powered by two Lycoming O-540 piston engines, is perfect for short hauls across small islands, and it’s still widely used despite the fact that it has been conceived in the 60s.
This is the official feature list released by TorqueSim
• Highly detailed 3D model
• Full PBR 4K Texturing
• Custom Systems, including:
• Fully custom electrical system, simulating the circuit breakers, buses, generators, and battery
• Custom fuel manager
• Custom Avionics, including:
• KFC225 Autopilot
• GTX345 Transponder
• KR87 ADF
• M800 Chronometer
• High-fidelity FMOD sound pack, with sounds recorded from the real aircraft
• Carefully tuned and tested flight model based on real life performance data and input from Islander pilots
• X-Plane GNS530/GNS430
• AFM G5 Integration (requires a copy of the AFM G5 plugin)
• Custom Load Manager
• Persistent systems (switches return to the state which they were left)
• Fully custom C++ Plugin using the X-Plane SDK
• Includes 9 initial liveries, a blank livery, and paint-kit, with many more liveries to come after release!
• Long-term support, as well as additional features and updates planned, including RealityXP Support
The aircraft is available to purchase on X-Aviation for just $39.95