The newest scenery on the market is simply the best one overall. Have yourself a (dangerous) landing in the Colorado mountains with a regional plane.
Aspen Airport has just been released at the Aerosoft official store by Stairport Scenery and it’s not hard to imagine how many people will buy it once looked at the amazing pics that are introducing the scenery.
Actually this airport is one of the very few to use perfectly materials and PBR technology in X-Plane 11 (not compatible with v10) not only on the airport buildings, but also on the city ones which are brought with the scenery as you can see in this picture.
This is the list of the buildings available with the scenery that are famous for Aspen.
This add-on contains the airport of Aspen with an extended runway, new taxiways, a fire station, a terminal, and hangars, all with high-resolution textures. You can furthermore explore dozens of custom local landmarks, like Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, and the Aspen Recreation Center.
The airport is one of the most dangerous in the USA and, since all simmers are looking for a bit of challenge sometimes, this is another effort for this scenery.
Due to its surrounding terrain structures in the North, East and South, Aspen Airport only has one possible starting direction. Because of this dangerous environment the airport must not operate at night. As if that wasn’t enough the unpredictable weather of the Colorado mountains means you might experience short term changes to your flight plans as well.
The level of detail is outstanding also for the runway that appears almost like the real one. Overall all the airport is very detailed and it will give you the impression of flying in the real one with your regional jet or private plane.
As always here’s the list of the full feautures that the airport brings, if you are not already convinced to buy it.
- Up-to-date rendering of Aspen Pitkin County Airport (KASE), including extended runway and new taxiways, fire station (with Oshkosh Striker 1500), fixed-base operator, terminal and hangars
- Fully baked high-resolution textures with ambient occlusion shadows and light maps for all airport and town models
- 19.000 square kilometres of high resolution photo scenery (30cm, LOD17) covering the Aspen Valley with day and night textures
- Tarmac and runway markings with specular effects
- Helipad at Aspen Valley Hospital included (ICAO 6V7)
- Dozens of custom local landmarks, including Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, Aspen Recreation Centre, Hotel Jerome and Benedict Music Tent
- Custom Aspen-style autogen houses and mansions
- Custom static aircrafts and 3D people
- Autogate plug-in animations included
- Custom mesh representing exact runway slope
- Compatible with HD Mesh v4
- Compatible with World Traffic 3
- Requires XPlane 11.05 or later
- Winter season (to be released in autumn 2018)
The whole scenery is really heavy on your disk, and the fps loss is consistent on my rig, but usually it’s not required to low down the rendering settings.
XPlane 11.05 (or later)
Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64bit) / Linux (64bit) / macOS 10.10+
Processor: Dual-Core-CPU with 3,0 GHz (Quad-Core-CPU with 3,5 GHz recommended)
Main memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended)
Graphics card: 1 GB VRAM, DirectX 11
Disk space required: 30 GB
You can purchase the scenery here, good luck with download time!